Salty-Sweet Shijimi Clams To Serve With Rice.
You can have Salty-Sweet Shijimi Clams To Serve With Rice using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salty-Sweet Shijimi Clams To Serve With Rice
- It's 600 grams of weighed in their shells Shijimi clams (basket or freshwater clams).
- You need 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of ☆Sake.
- It's 1 piece of ●Ginger.
- It's 1 tbsp of Mirin.
Salty-Sweet Shijimi Clams To Serve With Rice step by step
- De-sand the clams by putting them in lightly salted water (1%) for 3 to 5 hours. If you leave them soaking for too long the flavor will deteriorate!.
- After they have been de-sanded, rub the shells together to wash them, and put them in a pan..
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sake, cover with a lid and steam-cook them until the clams open up..
- When they are done steaming, strain off the liquid (keeping it in reserve) to separate the liquid from the clams..
- Take the insides of the clams out of the shells. If you use a spoon to scoop them out, they should come out easily..
- Return the strained off liquid from Step 4 into the pan, add the ☆ ingredients and bring to a boil. Put the insides of the clams into the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Take the clams out into a bowl..
- Add the ● ingredients to the pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened, taking care that it doesn't burn..
- Put the clams back in the thickened sauce. When the clams have shrunk a little and are nice and shiny, they are done..
- I recommed making this with nutrient-rich shijimi clams, but you can make it with Manila clams instead..