Heathly Buttermilk Cornbread. Instead, I baked this Healthy Buttermilk Cornbread when I returned back to my own house, and it was totally worth the wait! It's really moist and tender, and this recipe is so easy to make. A classic side dish loved by EVERYONE.
If you are looking for lactose intolerant substitutes, try almond milk or coconut milk instead of the buttermilk and use your. This cornbread is the classic buttermilk cornbread you'll find throughout the South. There's generally no sugar added to Southern cornbread, but if you prefer sweeter cornbread, add a few tablespoons. You can have Heathly Buttermilk Cornbread using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Heathly Buttermilk Cornbread
- You need 1 1/4 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/4 of bread flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of raw honey or more to glaze top.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen corn.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of slightly cooked onion.
Sweet, buttermilk cornbread muffins that are super easy to make and super tasty too. I've got a man in the house that loves cornbread. Now, this recipe isn't for true southern. Cindy Daniel of Healdsburg Shed in Northern California learned how to make this moist cornbread from her mom while she was growing up in Louisiana.
Heathly Buttermilk Cornbread step by step
- Preheat oven to 400. Heat cast iron for 5 minutes. Pour mix and bake for 20-25 minutes..
- Add honey at last 5 minutes..
This buttermilk cornbread is moist and sweet, thanks to buttermilk, butter, olive oil, and honey. This buttermilk cornbread isn't your typical cornbread. Tam demontrates how to make dairy free buttermilk cornbread. Узнать причину. Закрыть. Tam's Healthy Kitchen Vegan Butttermilk Cornbread. Mini herb, green olive and buttermilk cornbreads.