Vegan cinnamon rolls. The Best Ever Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed.
Soft, fluffy, unbelievably gooey and delicious… Trust me, you will not regret making these… even if you aren't vegan! They are the perfect recipe to make any time you. Loaded with cinnamon sugar gooey goodness and topped with heavenly vegan cream cheese icing. You can cook Vegan cinnamon rolls using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan cinnamon rolls
- It's 6 tablespoons of vegan butter or margarine.
- It's 2 1/4 teaspoons of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 250 ml of vegan milk of your choice (I went with soy milk).
- Prepare 100 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 385 grams of flour.
- You need 250 grams of finely chopped walnuts (optional).
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
These vegan cinnamon rolls are soft and puffy and packed with cinnamon sugar deliciousness. Cinnamon - since they're cinnamon rolls. Glaze - to drizzle over the top of the rolls. These easy vegan cinnamon rolls are sweet, tender, and filled with cinnamon flavor for a plant-based spin on a classic favorite.
Vegan cinnamon rolls step by step
- Add the vegan butter and the milk to a pan and heat them up until the butter is melted..
- Cool down the butter mixture to a bathing temperature (not too hot or you will kill the yeast) and then add in the yeast. Mix the yeast in and then leave that for 10 minutes to activate. You should get lots of bubbles at the end of the 10 minutes..
- Add the sugar and the salt to the yeast mixture and stir gently..
- Add the flour to the mixture 1 cup at a time (aprox. 100 grams) and when you cannot stir the mixture anymore, get your fingers dirty and take it out onto a floured surface. You might not need the entire flour quantity..
- You want to have a sticky but somewhat manageable dough at this step. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes and then oil a bowl, form the dough in a ball shape and place it in the bowl. Place a clean cloth on the bowl and leave it to rest for an hour in a warm place. I chose a sunny spot in my kitchen but anything will do. At the end of this hour, you should have a dough that is twice in size..
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Roll the dough on a floured surface in a thin layer (half an inch or less) in a square shape. Brush it with some melted vegan butter and then add the sugar and cinnamon. I’ve also added diced walnuts but anything could work here, there’s no rules!.
- Roll the dough up. I’ve previously cut my square into 2 pieces for easing this step..
- Cut the dough rolls into 1.5 inch pieces, place them in a pan previously layered with a baking sheet. Brush the rolls with vegan butter..
- Bake the rolls for about 30 minutes or until lightly brown..
Homemade vegan cinnamon rolls are so worth the time to make. They're puffy, gooey, and so delicious! These are what Sunday mornings are made of. These Vegan Cinnamon Rolls are simple to make and can even be prepped the night before so SUPER excited to be sharing these soft and simple Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. This recipe for vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls by our friend Alexandra might be a good one to try if you're new to vegan baking and not fully transitioned to a whole food plant-based diet.