Clear Clam Soup for Doll's Festival or Okuizome (Symbolic First Meal Ritual).
You can cook Clear Clam Soup for Doll's Festival or Okuizome (Symbolic First Meal Ritual) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Clear Clam Soup for Doll's Festival or Okuizome (Symbolic First Meal Ritual)
- Prepare 6 of Hamaguri clam (1 large or 2 small per serving).
- You need 3 of Broccolini (or mitsuba).
- Prepare 3 of Temarifu or hanafu (colored dried wheat gluten in the shape of balls or flowers).
- It's 1 of Yuzu citrus peel.
- Prepare of Dashi soup stock:.
- Prepare 550 ml of Water.
- You need 5 of cm Kombu.
- It's 10 grams of Bonito flakes.
- It's 1 tbsp of ＊ Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ＊ Soy sauce.
- It's 1/4 tsp of or more ＊ Salt.
Clear Clam Soup for Doll's Festival or Okuizome (Symbolic First Meal Ritual) instructions
- For the broccolini, select 3 of the thinnest flowers from among the bunch, cut off the stalk and rinse. (Use the stalk for a stewed side dish.).
- Soak the hamaguri clams in salt water, set them in a dark place (in the sink) for about 2 hours, or cover with a lid, to degrit, then clean off the shells under running water..
- To make the broth, wipe down the kombu with a damp towel, heat in a pot of water, then remove the kombu right before it comes to a boil..
- Add the bonito flakes to the pot, bring to a boil again, then as soon as it comes to a boil, turn off the heat. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes, then strain. (If you don't have bonito flakes, add 1 teaspoon dashi soup stock granules instead.).
- Put the hamaguri clams into the broth, then as soon as they open, transfer them to individual serving bowls. (If you boil them too long, the flavor of the hamaguri clams will become strong and the soup will become cloudy.).
- After removing the clams, add the ＊ seasoning ingredients to taste (to adjust the saltiness), then right before serving, add the broccolini and colored and shaped dried gluten and bring to a boil..
- Pour the clear soup into the bowls, add the broccolini and gluten, and float a piece of yuzu citrus peel on top..