Steamed Clams and Rice.
You can cook Steamed Clams and Rice using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Clams and Rice
- You need 350 grams of Uncooked white rice.
- It's 150 grams of Manila clams.
- Prepare 1/4 of pack Shimeji mushrooms.
- It's 1/5 of Carrot.
- It's 1/2 of Thin aburaage.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 dash of Green onions or scallions.
- You need 1 of Shredded nori seaweed.
- Prepare of To parboil the clams.
- Prepare 25 ml of Cooking sake.
- It's 100 ml of Water.
Steamed Clams and Rice step by step
- Wash the rice and place in a strainer. Let it sit for 30 minutes..
- Remove the sand and saltwater from the clams. Julienne the carrots and shred the shimeji mushrooms..
- Add 25 ml of sake and 100 ml of water to a pot. Add the clams and turn on the heat. Once the shells have opened, turn off the heat..
- Strain the boiled liquid through a strainer into a bowl. Add enough water to bring the liquid to a total of 200 ml. Add soy sauce and mirin..
- Set aside 5-6 clams and remove the meat from the shells of the remaining clams. If they are cooked with the rice, the meat will become tough, so they will be added right after the rice has cooked..
- Put the rice, carrot, aburaage, and shimeji mushrooms into the earthenware pot. Also pour in the liquid from Step 4. If you add 4 or 5 raw clams used for making dashi, it will taste even better..
- Heat the earthenware pot on high heat. Once it begins to boil, lower the heat to low so that it doesn't boil over. Cook for 9 minutes..
- After 9 minutes has passed, turn the heat to high for just 10 seconds. Place the clam meat inside and immediately cover with the lid again..
- Wrap it up in a bath towel or something similar to retain the heat and steam for 5 minutes..
- Garnish with finely chopped green onion and it's done..
- If you make extra, you can have some onigiri rice balls!.
- Serve with some lightly pickled vegetables.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147206-lightly-pickled-vegetables.