Vickys Creamy Rice Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Blancmange (Vanilla Pudding), Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free. Recipe for Peanut Butter Oreo Chocolate Bark with a super creamy peanut butter filling. To me it is one of the most comforting of treats.
Make old-fashioned creamy rice pudding baked with vanilla flavoring and no eggs or thickener. This will give the pudding a creamy texture. If desired, sprinkle servings with ground cinnamon or a cinnamon-sugar blend. You can have Vickys Creamy Rice Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Creamy Rice Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 100 grams of short grain rice.
- It's 820 ml of light coconut milk.
- You need 300 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 50 grams of granulated sugar.
- It's 50 grams of dairy-free spread eg Vitalite or Stork block Margarine.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg or to taste.
Allergy friendly (GF, DF, SF, NF, EF, Refined sugar free) Rich, creamy Rice Pudding is delicious warm or cold, and lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. If you like eating it cold, I recommend adding a little sweetened whipped cream to improve the texture a bit if you decide to freeze leftover rice pudding. The secret to a creamy rice pudding is lots of liquid and short grain rice - arborio.
Vickys Creamy Rice Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put the rice and cinnamon stick into a pan with the milks. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered until the rice is cooked, around 40 minutes or more, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and stir in the sugar, nutmeg and dairy-free spread until melted and combined.
- Serve in bowls with a pinch of nutmeg over each.
- You can make it in the oven by putting the rice, milk, sugar and spread into a greased oven dish with some cinnamon and nutmeg sprinkled over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at gas 2 / 150C / 300°F for 2.5 - 3 hours or until the top is golden brown.
You may think there is too much milk in the recipe but trust me it works! Stir once in a while to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg just before serving. It is delicious warm or cold. Vickys Mojito Fruit Salad GF DF EF SF NF Recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook.