Simple rice pudding. Well that settled it, rice pudding it would be. Rice pudding is a wonderful way to use up leftover rice. Served hot, it instantly becomes a comfort There are countless ways to make rice pudding, from a simple, egg-less kind, to the custard-like.
Cook rice in water and salt as directed on package. Mix pudding and cold milk as directed on box. Simple rice pudding is basically made with rice, sugar and milk, flavored with orange zest. You can cook Simple rice pudding using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple rice pudding
- Prepare 1 cup of short-grain / pudding rice.
- You need 1 cup of caster sugar.
- You need pinch of salt.
- It's 6 cups of milk (or make the last cup half cream!).
- You need 1 of whole nutmeg.
It is one of the best light desserts ever! Simple Rice Pudding is a wonderful easy family recipe, passed on through the generations. You can serve this hot from the oven or chilled, add. This very simple recipe for Black Rice Pudding may very well make you finally put away your rice cooker and start using your Instant Pot!
Simple rice pudding step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees..
- Grind the nutmeg - or grate it - or just use about 2 tsp pre-ground. Then add all the ingredients to a casserole dish, and stir them together..
- Bake for about 2 hours, stirring it at least once (minimise stirring if you want a skin to form)..
- Delicious as it is, but if you like you can serve with a sprinkling of extra nutmeg, or a dollop of strawberry jam..
It's wonderfully sweet and super simple to make. Creamy and healthy, this Instant Pot rice pudding recipe is also easy and convenient! Made from scratch using whole ingredients, with this simple recipe you won't have to stand over the stove top for. Make this easy rice pudding recipe in just three steps, using six ingredients. Is rice pudding the best comfort dessert of all time?