Butternut Squash Coconut Rice Pudding. Easy, simple and totally understated, this Butternut Squash Chia Pudding is ridiculously healthy and tastes like pie. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or even a light snack. I highly recommend some crushed hazelnuts, shredded coconut, and cocoa nibs.
The coconut and lime flavors come through very well without being too overpowering. The most bloody delish butternut squash pudding with coconut rice! Remove the pan from heat and stir in the squash, rice, almonds, and raisins. You can cook Butternut Squash Coconut Rice Pudding using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Coconut Rice Pudding
- It's 1 of . 1.5 cups roasted spaghetti squash.
- It's 2 of . 1 cup brown or white rice.
- You need 3 of . 1 Can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 of . 1 egg + 1 egg yolk.
- Prepare 5 of . Cinnamon stick or 1 tsp. powdered cinnamon.
- You need 6 of . 1-2 Cardamom pods.
- It's 7 of . 1 tbsp. bourbon – optional.
- You need 8 of . 5 dates (soak in boiling water for 10 minutes)1 tsp. vanilla.
- It's 9 of . 1/2c shredded coconut unsweetened.
Cover tightly and place in oven. An incredibly flavorful, healthy, filling, and comforting Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Rice Noodle Soup! This gluten-free and vegan comfort food dish is big on coconut, curry, and ginger flavors all with a bit of spice. Perfectly tender rice noodles are the perfect accompaniment for this scrumptious.
Butternut Squash Coconut Rice Pudding step by step
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds and bake for 40 mins at 450 degrees cut side down or until until tender then use a fork to separate the strands from the skin.
- In a sauce pan combine rice, coconut milk, cinnamon stick & crushed cardamom pod and stir over medium heat until bubbles begin to form but do not let it boil..
- Stimmer for 5 -10 minutes or until mixture thickens Allow mixture to sit while preparing other ingredients.
- Mash soften dates with fork Whisk the egg and egg yolks in a mix.
- Whisk in vanilla, bourbon & dates slowly, while whisking continually, introduce the coconut milk mixture a few tbsp at a time to the eggs (so they don’t curdle) then add the rest. Add the spaghetti squash.
- Grease 4 ramekins divide pudding mixture evenly between the and bake in a water bath 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean..
Indian pudding is an old-fashioned New England dessert made with cornmeal and molasses. It's delicious, but not the prettiest dessert, so we've given it a makeover by adding butternut squash and baking it. Butternut squash, simmered with curry spices and coconut milk, makes a tasty and easy Indian-inspired stew that is great on fall weeknights. This is a quick and delicious mild-to-medium spicy south Indian stew that is best served over hot white rice. The sweet butternut squash paired with the red curry paste and creamy coconut milk has only solidified the fact that coconut curry and I Luci, the lovely reader who sent me the recipe (thanks, Luci!), suggested serving it over rice noodles and that is probably the best decision I've made all year.