Mixed fruit rice kheer tarts. You will just ask for more. Hindi: chawal How many times have we thought rice is a blessing? We use it for holy purposes but we also can pressure up a quick pulao or khichdi when hunger pangs are drumming away!
And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. The Mixed Fruit Tart recipe out of our category cake or tart with fruit! Roll out the dough on a floured work surface and use to line the tart pan, trimming the excess. You can have Mixed fruit rice kheer tarts using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed fruit rice kheer tarts
- It's of For Kheer -.
- You need 1/2 litre of Full fat milk.
- You need 2 of Cardamom.
- It's 1 tablespoon of Soaked rice.
- It's 5 of Chopped cashew nuts.
- You need 5 of Chopped almonds.
- Prepare of Sugar as per taste.
- Prepare Half of tin fruit cocktail.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Pineapple essence.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Butter.
- Prepare of For tart :.
- You need 1/2 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- It's 1/8 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Prick the base several times with a fork. Kheer, a creamy rice pudding, is one of my favorite desserts to make and eat. It requires just a few essential ingredients: rice, milk and sugar. We adopted a sibling group of four from India and your recipes have been so wonderful in helping me keep familiar foods in the mix and comforting them.
Mixed fruit rice kheer tarts instructions
- For the kheer, Boil the milk, once it starts boiling reduce the flame and add the rice and cardamom powder..
- Cook till the rice is done then add sugar as per taste, cook till the milk is thick..
- Add pineapple essence before turning of the flame..
- Blend the fruits in a blender. Add butter to a pan and add the fruits along with little sugar syrup from the tin..
- Cook till the puree is jam like in consistency..
- Mix the kheer and the fruit puree when they have reached room temperature..
- For tart, Take whole wheat flour, sugar and salt, mix well..
- Rub the butter into the flour with finger tips and mix well..
- Add a tablespoon or two of ice cold water and knead to make stiff dough..
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes..
- Roll out the dough into thin rounds. Lift it with a help of palate knife onto tart moulds or mini muffin moulds..
- Gently place them inside the tart shells. Place all of them in the same manner..
- Prick all over the tarts with a fork and Bake at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes..
- To assemble, Fill the tarts with mixed fruit kheer and top with chopped mixed fruits and serve..
Easy and tasty Dry Fruit and Nut Kheer ready in minutes. Only the milk reducing part takes time else it will be quick to make if you have powdered nuts in hand. I always have nuts powder as I make in bulk and store, use a tsp for making kheer / rabdi. Here's a delicious ayurvedic recipe for kheer, which is an Indian rice pudding. In addition to its delightful taste, kheer is also an excellent source of protein.