Rice pudding with leftover rice. Rice pudding is usually prepared with leftover cooked white rice, but you can use any rice you like or happen to have leftover (brown or basmati, for example), with To reheat, you can either microwave it or reheat it gently on the stovetop with a splash of milk, over medium-low, until heated through. Making a cheater's rice pudding really can be a quick afterthought when you decide a little dessert would be nice after all. The beauty of turning leftover rice into rice pudding is just how flexible it can be.
You don't even need a recipe: just add however much leftover cooked rice you have to a pot, cover with milk (you'll need about equal parts rice and milk) and stir over medium heat until. Rice pudding recipe With step by step photos - i had made this delicious rice pudding with leftover cooked rice and the pudding was so good that I thought of sharing on the blog. The rice pudding is known by different names. in north India, this dessert is called as rice kheer, in south India it is called. You can cook Rice pudding with leftover rice using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice pudding with leftover rice
- It's 3 cups of leftover rice of any variety.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk or condensed milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of regular sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1 of ripe banana.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shredded coconut.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fried raisin.
- Prepare 4-5 of marie biscuits.
This creamy rice pudding is not only an easy gluten free dessert; it's also the perfect way to use up the leftover rice you might have lingering in the. Leftover rice, I believe, isn't really leftovers so much as it is the start of a new meal. When you have leftover rice, you have the base for fried rice or Rice pudding made from leftover rice isn't really a recipe -- it's a forgiving formula. It's taking your already cooked rice and deciding that it is going to.
Rice pudding with leftover rice step by step
- Beat together egg and sugar with a hand mixer..
- In the egg mixture add 1 mashed banana and mix..
- Add condensed milk or whole milk and vanilla essence. For a rich taste condensed milk is better option..
- Mix well and then add the leftover cooked rice..
- With the help of a hand blender mix everything well to make a creamy batter..
- Add some crushed marie biscuits if the batter is too thin in consistency. Otherwise skip this step..
- Blend again to mix together well..
- Add desiccated coconut and fried raisin and mix again..
- Preheat oven at 165 degree Centigrade for 10 minutes..
- Grease a rectangular baking dish or bowl and pour the batter to the dish to fill up to 2/3rd of the dish.Garnish with some fried raisin..
- Now pour some water to the baking tray and keep the baking dish over the tray filled with water..
- Keep the tray in the oven and bake them for about 40 minutes..
- Take out from oven.Let it cool for 20 minutes. Cut in small pieces and serve warm of cold sprinkling some cinnamon powder and shredded coconut..
Leftover-rice Rice Pudding: This is my second Instructable using leftover rice (see my rice cracker one here) but we honestly had a somewhere around a quarter You might think that leftover rice is the most plentiful ingredient in leftover-rice rice pudding--but it's not. In fact milk wins that gold medal. Leftover Rice Pudding. save recipe go to recipe. Kenya could eat rice morning, noon and night, so I'm constantly trying to come up with new recipes using this great grain. I'm thankful that he loves rice so much because it's inexpensive, easy to prepare and healthy.