Makhana kheer and jalebi parfait. Hi friends. hope you like the recipe for this super delicious and tasty Shahi Makhana Kheer. It is made with Lotus Seeds also known as Foxnuts or Phool. Rajni Ki Rasoi Mae aaj ham banae ja rahae hae Makhana Kheer Recipe in Hindi.
You can eat this super delicious indian sweet dish as a snack or. Makhana kheer is super easy to make and with that it will give a treat to your eyes as well as your taste buds. The process of making makhana kheer is pretty The rich aroma of this milk is enhanced with intoxicating spices like nutmeg and saffron. You can have Makhana kheer and jalebi parfait using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Makhana kheer and jalebi parfait
- It's of For Makhana kheer.
- Prepare 1 cup of makhana/foxnuts.
- You need 500 ml of full fat milk.
- It's 1/2 tsp of green cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated mawa.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated plam jaggery.
- It's 2 tsp of clarified butter/ghee.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped dry fruits.
- You need of For jalebi.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of gramflour/ besan.
- It's 1 pinch of baking powder.
- It's 1 pinch of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of yogurt.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 cups of oil to fry jalebi.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 of green cardamom pods.
- You need 5-6 of saffron strands.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
This makhana kheer tastes heavenly when served cold. Roasted makhana recipe - makhana or phool makhana or lotus seeds is an ingredient I have seen often living in India. I have had makhana kheer before and also had the roasted makhana many times. We also make sabzi with makhana.
Makhana kheer and jalebi parfait step by step
- Heat ghee in a pan,add makhana and roast in low flame till it become slightly golden and crispy,then keep aside..
- In heavy bottomed pan heat milk for 5-6 minutes or till it become 3/4 in quantity, stir it frequently..
- Add roasted makhana,cook it for another 5-6 minutes or till it done, stir it continuously..
- Add grated mawa,mix and cook for couple of minutes and switch off the flame..
- Add grated jaggery and green cardamom powder, combine it well..
- Makhana kheer is ready, cool it down and refrigerate it for an hour..
- In a large bowl mix together flour, gramflour, baking powder, baking soda, yogurt, mix it well, cover it and let the batter sit for 9-10 hours or overnight to ferment..
- Now for sugar syrup,in a heavy bottomed pan put sugar, green cardamom pods and water together,let it all come to a boil..
- Once boil add milk, give a quick mix, and boil for a minute..
- All the dirt in the sugar syrup will separate, discard it..
- Now add saffron, lemon juice, and simmer it till syrup becomes sticky and form one string consistency..
- Keep the syrup warm, while making jalebi, now transfer the jalebi batter into a squeeze bottle..
- Heat oil in a pan, squeeze batter in hot oil, making spiral motion, shape it like jalebi, keep the flame at low..
- Fry both sides till it become golden brown..
- Remove from the oil and dip in warm sugar syrup, few seconds on each side..
- Then remove it from sugar syrup, jalebi is ready..
- For assembling the dish, in a serving glass fill half with chilled makhana kheer, then sprinkle some chopped dry fruits, topped it with handful jalebi pieces..
- Enjoy chilled kheer with hot crispy jalebi..
I have also seen makhana being served as prashad. Makhane Ki Kheer or Falahari Phool Makhana Kheer is easy, delicious kheer recipe suitable for fasting or navratri vrat or any upvaas for that matter. One of the most famous recipe of phool makhana (foxnut or puffed lotus seed) is this kheer which is quite easy to cook and taste yum whether it's. Makhana kheer is a pudding made up of makhana, milk and sugar. These nuts are different from other nut as Makhana are very low in fat and high in carbohydrate.