Turkish rice pudding. Turkish rice pudding Sutlaç is one of the most popular Milky Turkish desserts served in Turkish restaurants. There is a similar dessert called Umm Ali in. Rice pudding is a great dessert, but Turkish Rice Pudding (Sütlaç) is the best!
In fact, this Turkish rice pudding can be also made without an oven at all. Ingredients For Turkish Baked Rice Pudding. Cook the rice in a pot until the water disappears. You can cook Turkish rice pudding using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish rice pudding
- You need 1/2 cup of short grain rice.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It's 1.5 L of whole milk.
- It's 6 tbsp of cornflour as slurry.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It's 1.5 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's of Optional topping.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of pudding liquid.
Cover it with a lid while cooking. You can boil it with more water if you prefer the rice dissolved well in the desseet later. Pour about half of the pudding into the chilled, sugared pan, using an offset spatula to spread it evenly into the corners. Learn how to make Turkish Rice Pudding.
Turkish rice pudding step by step
- In a big pot, bring water to boil and add rice and a pinch of salt. Cook until nearly all the water is absorbed, 5-10 minutes..
- Add the milk, and bring to a light simmer. Constantly mixing, add the cornflour slurry slowly. Lightly simmer for 20 minutes whilst stirring so the mixture doesn’t burn on the bottom..
- Add the sugar and vanilla and lightly simmer pudding for a further 2 minutes while the oven heats up and the sugar dissolves. Preheat on the broiler to high heat. Feel free to add more sugar if it’s not sweet enough..
- Take pudding off the heat. Remove 3tbsp of the pudding liquid and slowly mix with the egg and set aside. Distribute the pudding evenly into glass ovenproof Tupperware or small ceramic baking dishes..
- With a spoon, float a small amount onto the surface of each pudding and use the back of the spoon to spread it around the surface without mixing into the pudding. This layer of egg will cook quickly under the grill and become nice and charred..
- Put the puddings under the broiler for 5-10 minutes, or until the top is is nice and charred. Chill pudding and eat once cold!.
I can't say we had it at home because we didn't. My mother was French and I suppose rice pudding wasn't her thing. Sutlac was the classic rice pudding from the Ottoman Palace kitchens.this recipe comes from my family and littel bit different from. Easily doable with very few ingredients. Turkish rice pudding is very special because of its creamy texture and golden topping.