Shio Ramen with Clams.
You can have Shio Ramen with Clams using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shio Ramen with Clams
- You need 200 grams of Manila clams.
- You need 1 of bundle Chinese-style noodles.
- You need 1 of Aosa seaweed.
- You need 1 of Green onions.
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- You need of Soup:.
- Prepare 500 ml of Water.
- It's 5 cm of square Konbu.
- Prepare 50 ml of Sake.
- It's 1 tsp of Light soy sauce.
- It's 1 of Salt.
Shio Ramen with Clams step by step
- Soak the konbu in 500 ml of water to make dashi. Soak the clams in 3% salt water for 30 minutes to remove the slime and sand..
- After the clams have been cleaned of sand, drain in a colander and rinse off the saltiness. Cover with a damp paper towel and let them sit for 3 hours. If the temperature is pretty high, place them in the refrigerator..
- Apparently, doing this while they are in a colander will increase the flavor and succinic acid. Right before cooking, rub the shells together while rinsing with fresh water..
- Pour sake into a pot and turn on the heat to cook off the alcohol. Once the alcohol has cooked off, add 500 ml of the konbu dashi and the clams. Cook on low heat..
- Slowly cook on very low heat to release the delicious flavors of the clams and konbu while skimming off any scum that rises to the surface. Once it begins to boil, remove the konbu..
- Once 1 clam shell has opened, turn off the heat, cover with a lid, and steam for 2 minutes. This will prevent the clams from becoming overcooked..
- After 2 minutes, open the lid and add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. Taste and adjust the flavor with salt..
- Place the boiled Chinese noodles into a bowl. Strain the soup and add to the bowl. Top with the clams. Garnish with green onions to finish. Optionally top with butter to make it even better!.
- If you add some aosa seaweed midway through enjoying this ramen, the scent of the ocean will be strong and you can enjoy two flavors!.