Black sticky rice pudding. Black sticky rice (or black glutinous rice) is a naturally sweet, dark rice (dark purple more than black) that has both fiber and loads of antioxidants - which only makes this baked rice pudding extra enjoyable to eat. Black Sticky Rice Pudding is a classic and comforting traditional Thai dessert. Recipe by Pailin Chongchitnant of Hot Thai Kitchen!
This version from chef Peerasri Montreeprasat at Sugar Club , a Thai grocery and cafe in New York, adds in cubes of nutty taro and is sweetened with palm sugar. Black rice is simmered with water, sugar, and coconut milk to make this sticky Thai pudding, a lovely Asian dessert. Combine water, black rice, and salt in a saucepan. You can cook Black sticky rice pudding using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black sticky rice pudding
- It's 500 gms of Black sticky rice.
- You need 500 gms of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 liter of Coconut milk.
- It's 200 gms of Ghee.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need As per taste of salt.
- You need as required of Chopped nuts (optional).
Unlike Chinese black rice, also known as forbidden rice, black rice from Thailand is variegated in color, with a nutty taste and sticky texture when Although the pudding is traditionally prepared with full-fat coconut milk, I've found that light coconut milk works just as well, producing a lighter dish that. Black Sticky Rice Pudding Kao Niow Dahm (or Khao Neow Dam)*. Measure the rice into a bowl; run your fingers through the rice and check for any pebbles or other noticeable impurities. Amaze your friends with this fantastic Asian dessert!
Black sticky rice pudding instructions
- Soak rice for 3 hours..
- Drain and spread on a cloth under fan to dry..
- Make powder, add sugar in coconut milk and mix well..
- Now add beaten egg with milk and mix well.
- Add flour slowly little by little and mix throughly. Add pinch of salt, add ghee and mix until the consistency like cake batter.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan, if you like spread chopped nuts on the top. Cover the pan with foil tightly and bake in steam for 40 min in medium flame.
- Can be serve hot or cold.
WATCH THIS VIDEO on How to make Sticky Black Rice Pudding. Black Sticky Rice Pudding is a truly versatile recipe! It can be eaten hot or cold and topped with anything your heart desires. It's as delicious for breakfast as it is for dessert. It is gluten-free, full of fiber, vegan, and packed full of antioxidants.