Turkish Rice Pudding - Sutlac(chocolate version). In a pan add water and cook the rice or you can take already cooked rice. This traditional Turkish Rice Pudding (Sütlaç) is creamy, rich, and melting in your mouth. In fact, this Turkish rice pudding can be also made without an oven at all.
If you've never had it, these I've noticed a difference between the rice pudding served in Turkish restaurants and the rice pudding many Turks make at home. Kunefe is also one of Handan's favorites! Turkish-style rice pudding is like grandma's good old fashioned custard baked in the oven. You can cook Turkish Rice Pudding - Sutlac(chocolate version) using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish Rice Pudding - Sutlac(chocolate version)
- Prepare 1 cup of rice(any basmati or dehradun rice or any fragnent rice).
- It's 1 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/4 cup of dark chocolate.
- You need 1 ltr of milk.
- You need as required of Walnut and salted kaju(slightly crushed).
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Adults and kids love this sweet, comforting dessert. Turkey is famous for its wide selection of milk-based desserts and puddings, and baked rice pudding is the cream of the crop. Turkey is famous for its wide variety of milk-based desserts and puddings. This Turkish-style rice pudding uses only a handful of ingredients and is super easy to make!
Turkish Rice Pudding - Sutlac(chocolate version) step by step
- First wash the rice. In a pan add water and cook the rice or you can take already cooked rice. Till all the water is absorbed and the rice become sticky and smashed..
- Then crush the nuts a little. Add milk to the rice. Let it boil for 5 min. Then add the sugar. Cook till the sugar melts. Now in a bowl take cornstarch add milk to it. Mix it and put it in the milk. Keep stiring continously till it becomes thick..
- Now add the chopped chocolate and half of the dry fruits. Mix it. Then put it in small containers. In a pan add water, place a stand and then put the small containers. Cover the lid and then steam it for 20 min. Let it cool. Garnish it with the remaining dry fruits and gratted chocolate. Put it in the fridge. For 2-3 hrs and then serve. In the original recipe it is baked with egg and served hot..
Sutlac (soot-laahch) or firin sutlac is a Turkish baked rice pudding made with short grain rice and milk. Sutlac Recipe is essentially a rice pudding made Turkish style. First the rice is cooked and then, mixed along with milk, thickened with rice flour Once the Sutlac/ Turkish rice pudding thickens, turn off the heat. Stir in the rose water and cinnamon powder. Transfer the Sutlac Recipe - Rose Infused.