Momma's rice pudding. Old fashioned rice pudding momma used to make, brings back memories! Minute Rice was new at that time. The egg whites could be made into a.
Everyone loves creamy baked rice pudding and it makes a great easy sharing dessert to serve up for family after Sunday lunch. This version uses fragrant cardamom for a subtle spiced finish. To me it is one of the most comforting of treats. You can cook Momma's rice pudding using 6 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Momma's rice pudding
- You need 3 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It's 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Rice pudding will become thicker as it cools. Combine milk, rice, sugar, raisins and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Creamy rice pudding with a homemade creme anglaise sauce and sweetened whipped cream.
Momma's rice pudding instructions
- in a saucepan combine rice, milk, sugar, and salt. stirring constantly bring to a boil. pour into 1 1/2 quart greased baking dish. bake at 325 for 45mins. stir every 15 mins. 15mins before complete add the vanilla and raisins and stir in. raisins are optional.
I have been on the hunt for the perfect homemade rice pudding recipe. Every Christmas Eve, I make a pot. I began making rice pudding with our son's babysitter, a Frenchwoman named Marie-Cécile, who cooked au pif, meaning she followed her instincts and would riff on just about everything she made. Once cooked, remove rice pudding from saucepan. Serve it hot or cold with your choice of toppings such as cinnamon, grated dark chocolate, maple syrup, blueberries and strawberries, banana and.