Swedes soup. This creamy soup is a great way to eat swede. Serve with crusty bread for a simple and comforting supper. Purée the soup in a food processor or liquidiser until completely smooth.
This swede soup recipe with carrot and parsnip makes the most of an often underappreciated vegetable. Swedes and turnips were the reliable staple crops that kept farm workers going when all. Swedes have traditionally been very open to foreign influences Fruit soups with high viscosity, like rose hip soup and blueberry soup (blåbärssoppa) served hot or cold, are typical of Swedish cuisine. You can cook Swedes soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Swedes soup
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It's Half of swede.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper and salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- It's 120 g of Double cream.
- Prepare of Chicken stock or water.
Swedes can be eaten raw if fresh and young. Older swedes can be boiled, mashed, stir fried, roasted, puréed, steamed, baked, glazed or pickled. They absorb flavours well so add to soups. This simple, soothing soup is the perfect to get your greens.
Swedes soup step by step
- Lightly fry chopped onion and celery sticks with olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Add swede and then add water to cover the contents.
- When it is boiling and hot, add cream and stir.
- Put to soup maker and then done.
Puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in a regular blender in batches, leaving it a little chunky if desired. Fotosearch - The World's Stock Photography- One Web Site TM. Thick, beautifully spiced swede soup - perfect for a wholesome lunch or starter. The new vegan Buttery, earthy swedes and sweet caramelised shallots add smoky magic to this aromatic south-east-Asian noodle soup. Broccoli and Swede soup Recipe is not tested.