Soup-Style Clam Vongole.
You can have Soup-Style Clam Vongole using 14 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soup-Style Clam Vongole
- You need 100 grams of Pasta (I used 1.4 mm spaghetti noodles, but use any of your favorite pasta).
- You need 10 of Manila clams.
- Prepare 1 of -1 1/2 cloves Garlic (coarsely chopped)...A.
- Prepare 1/6 of to 1/4 Onion (coarsely chopped ((or any cut you like)))...A ).
- It's 1 of Red chili pepper (Chop up in round slices)...A.
- Prepare 30 ml of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 30 ml of White wine (sake is OK * avoid cooking sake).
- Prepare 200 ml of Water...B.
- It's 1 dash of less than a teaspoon or 1 dash less than 1/2 cube Consommé bouillon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Soy sauce (if desired)...B.
- It's 1 of Salt (to taste).
- You need 1 of Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper (peppercorn or crushed) (to taste).
- You need 1 of Italian parsley or dried parsley (if you have it at home).
Soup-Style Clam Vongole step by step
- Prepare the clams by "de-gritting & de-salting" and rinse the shells well to remove any slime or dirt. *Do the de-salting especially well if you dig the clams from the ocean..
- De-grit and de-salt the clams well..
- Cut up the ingredients A as I noted above..
- In a large pot, bring 3 litters of water to a boil to cook the pasta. Once it is close to boiling, add 2 tablespoon of salt (makes 1% salt water)..
- The amount of the salt put in at Step 4 determines the taste of the pasta. Please be precise. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to very low heat and have it standing by..
- In a cold skillet, add the olive oil, garlic and the chopped up red chili pepper from Step 3 and sauté them over low heat until the garlic is fragrant..
- Once the garlic from Step 6 starts to brown, add the onion from Step 3 and raise the heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper and cook them through..
- In the skillet from Step 7, add the clams from Step 1 and sauté them for about 10 seconds. Pour in the white wine..
- Cover the skillet from Step 8 and braise the ingredients. *The heat should remain medium-low..
- Meanwhile, put the pasta into the Step 4 water and boil it until 30 seconds to 1 minutes shorter than the suggested cooking time, so the pasta is still a little hard. *Cook it over low heat..
- This is the perfect time to start cooking the 1.4 mm pasta (the cooking time is about 5 minutes). * Please calculate when to start cooking the pasta, so it finishes with the sauce..
- When the clams from Step 8 open up about 80-90%, take the lid off, add the ingredients B, and simmer briefly. Be careful not to simmer it too long, or it will get too salty..
- When the clam sauce from Step 12 is about to boil, add the cooked pasta, cook it for about 15 seconds over a heat a bit higher than low..
- Taste Step 13 and season with salt and pepper if necessary (I like it as it is without seasoning). Serve it on a plate and enjoy..
- For even better taste, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with Italian parsley or dried parsley if you have it at home..
- This rich clam flavored soup is irresistible. Have bread with this pasta and soak it in the soup. It is scrumptious..
- I have uploaded the "Authentic Vongole Rosso" recipe as well.. Clams really go well with tomato sauce..
- You can find the authentic and traditional "Vongole Bianco" recipe at. They are both good. Please give it a try..
- Is a "Clam Chowder Style Cream Pasta". It's a soup pasta with a wonderful clam flavor. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155812-clam-chowder-like-cream-pasta.
- Is also a soup pasta, but includes spring cabbage. It's different, but very good. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156054-chowder-like-pasta-with-spring-cabbage-and-clams.
- Is "Clam Tomato Risotto". This is also an easy recipe with an authentic taste. Please give it a try... https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153125-authentic-vongole-risotto.