Roasted Tomato Soup.
You can cook Roasted Tomato Soup using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Tomato Soup
- You need 1 kg of mixed tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of sliced red wine onions.
- It's 5 cloves of oven roasted garlic.
- It's 2 sticks of celery chopped.
- You need 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium potatoes diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 litres of stock.
- You need 70 grams of tomato puree.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of double cream.
- Prepare of Pesto optional for dressing.
- You need of Bay leaves and sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to cook taste.
- You need of Good drizzle of olive oil.
Roasted Tomato Soup instructions
- Set your oven to 180 degrees - place the tomatoes, onion, celery, garlic, herbs on a oiled baking tray then add a good sprinkling of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30 mins..
- After 30 mins give it a stir then place back in the oven for a further 30 more..
- Meanwhile chop the potatoes. Take out the hard herbs from the roasted tomatoes and then add / pour them into a large pan..
- Throw in the potatoes, tinned tomatoes and tomato purée..
- Pour in the stock and squeeze in the roasted garlic out of their skins..
- Add the sugar and simmer away for 20 minutes..
- Then blitz, get another large pan and a sieve. Place the sieve over the large empty pan and pour the blitz tomato sauce into it..
- Stir the ladle around the sieve so the mixture goes through the mesh..
- Repeat and repeat until you have passed the whole mixture through, discard the pips that are left..
- Taste the soup if it’s bitter add a bit more sugar, check the seasoning is correct to. Add the cream and simply..