Creamy Swede And Vegetable Soup (2 ways!). Chop the swede into small chunks. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Jump to the Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe or watch our recipe video showing you how we make it.
This creamy soup is a great way to eat swede. Serve with crusty bread for a simple and comforting supper. Purée the soup in a food processor or liquidiser until completely smooth. You can have Creamy Swede And Vegetable Soup (2 ways!) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Swede And Vegetable Soup (2 ways!)
- You need 2 of swedes.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- You need 2 sticks of celery.
- It's 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1 litre of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of double cream.
- It's of Garnish (optional).
Pass through a sieve for an extra fine texture if preferred. Creamy Vegetable Soup made with loads of vegetable is healthy and gluten-free. The soup has the richness from Parmesan Cheese and is really filling. There are instructions to make this soup both in the Instant Pot and Stovetop.
Creamy Swede And Vegetable Soup (2 ways!) step by step
- Chop the swede into small chunks. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of mixed herbs. Bake in the oven 210c for 30 mins. Half way through cooking turn the cubes over so they cook evenly..
- Meanwhile, cut the onion, celery and carrots into small cubes..
- Heat the veg you have just chopped on a low heat for 5-10 mins until they start to soften, but before they start to colour. Take off heat once this is done..
- Once the swede is cooked (soft without colouring) remove from the oven and add to the pan of mixed veg..
- Make the stock per instructions. Add the pan. Allow it to come to the boil before turning the heat right down, add a lid and leave to slowly cook for 30 mins..
- At this point you have two choices. If you like chunky soup, leave as it is. If you want a smooth texture add the soup to a bowl and blitz with a hand blender. If you want a creamy soup, add the cream after blending - leave a little to swirl on the top if you like. Have a taste and add more pepper if needed. Enjoy with sourdough bread and cheddar cheese!.
This Creamy Vegetable Soup without cream is so easy and you probably already have what you need. It is sure to be your new favorite vegetable This recipe is a great way to use leftovers or vegetables that need to be used up. Other ideas include: cauliflower, peas, green beans, sweet potato, red. Place soup in a blender and puree until smooth. A creamy, spoon-clinging soup to savor slurp by slurp while I catch up with my Netflix queue.