Celery Root and Leek Soup.
You can have Celery Root and Leek Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Celery Root and Leek Soup
- You need 1.5 " 1 of celery root , pieces.
- Prepare 2 of leek whites , diced.
- It's 1 Clove of garlic , minced.
- You need 1 of celery , diced Stalk.
- You need 1 of bouquet garni thyme of.
- You need of Cream.
- It's of stock Chick.
- You need of Apple cider vinegar.
Celery Root and Leek Soup step by step
- Preheat stock pot, add oil or butter, and saute garlic for a minute. Add Leeks and saute a few minutes to soften..
- Add celery root and add enough stock or water to cover the pieces. Add thyme and bring to boil; then reduce heat to simmer for at least 30 minutes..
- Remove thyme bouquet and bay leaf. Puree or blend the soup and add back to stock pot. Raise heat medium simmer and let soup reduce a bit..
- Stir in cream to desired amount. Balance with a very light touch of the vinegar (start with like 1/8th of tsp). Add salt to taste. Let it simmer and thicken again to desired amount, adding water if too thick. Garnish with fennel and freshly ground black pepper..