Cream of tomato Soup. This Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe is the perfect tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes. This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger group—and makes for great leftovers. Also, cream cheese or sour cream works better because of the extra acidity, especially when using sweeter tomatoes like the Bianco Dinapoli cans.
I added the milk and allowed it to cook with the tomato mixture before taking it off of the stove. Nothing is simpler or more classic than opening up a can of cream of tomato soup for lunch. So if you're going to make a homemade version, it had better be worth the extra bother. You can have Cream of tomato Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of tomato Soup
- Prepare 20 mls of refined oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion sliced.
- You need 20 gram of carrot sliced.
- Prepare 20 gram of celery sliced.
- It's 10 gram of refined flour.
- It's 300 mls of vegetable stock.
- It's 200 gram of fresh tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of basil leaves.
- You need 20-38 mls of tomato puree (optional,just for colour).
- Prepare 30 gram of butter.
- You need of For garnish....
- It's 1 tsp of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1 of white bread sliced (cut into croutons).
- Prepare 1 of red and yellow bell pepper.
This recipe most decidedly is, although it's really not that much more work. Cream of tomato soup is much richer and thicker than classic tomato soup. Cream of tomato soup is as healthy in that sense, however the added cream will of course add more calories to the mix so if you'd like to make this dish healthier you're best to swap the full fat cream for a lower calorie. Making cream of tomato soup is ridiculously easy and does not take much time.
Cream of tomato Soup step by step
- 1. Melt butter in a saucepan till it creates a white froth. 2. Add refined flour & mix well & cook till white but cooked; remove it & keep aside.
- 3. Heat oil in a saucepan, add sliced carrots, celery & onion; saute till transparent 4. Add chopped tomatoes, add salt, cover the pan & cook for 10 - 15 minutes till soft.
- 5. Add the stock, bouquet garni, seasoning & roux; whisk well to mix the roux into liquid 6. Check the seasoning, if thick enough & taste well, starin.
- For Croutons....... 1. Remove the crust from bread slice, cut each slice into 1 inch dices 2. Toast under salamander or deep fry till golden brown.
- For service.... 1. Pour 150 ml into soup bowl, add cooking cream & bread croutons.
I have used fresh tomatoes to make the soup. This cream of tomato soup is a vegan recipe. The creaminess in the soup comes from cashews which also balances the tang of the tomatoes with their inherent. It was the best creamy tomato basil soup with parmesan I had ever had. Creamy, with savory tomato flavor and bright basil flecks throughout.