Cream of tomato soup. This Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe is the perfect tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes. This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger group—and makes for great leftovers. Also, cream cheese or sour cream works better because of the extra acidity, especially when using sweeter tomatoes like the Bianco Dinapoli cans.
I added the milk and allowed it to cook with the tomato mixture before taking it off of the stove. Nothing is simpler or more classic than opening up a can of cream of tomato soup for lunch. So if you're going to make a homemade version, it had better be worth the extra bother. You can cook Cream of tomato soup using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of tomato soup
- Prepare 20 mls of refined oil.
- It's 1/2 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 20 gms of carrot sliced.
- You need 20 gms of celery sliced.
- Prepare 10 gms of refined flour.
- It's 300 mls of vegetable stock.
- It's 200 gms of fresh tomato chopped.
- You need 1-2 of basil leaves.
- It's 20 gms of butter.
- You need 1/2 piece of bayleaf.
- Prepare 1 gms of thyme.
- Prepare 1 gms of pepper corn.
- It's 3-4 of parsley stems.
- Prepare 1 of muslin clothe.
- It's of For garnish.
- It's 1 tsp of cooking cream.
- It's 1 slice of white bread slice, cut into cruotons.
This recipe most decidedly is, although it's really not that much more work. Cream of tomato soup is much richer and thicker than classic tomato soup. Cream of tomato soup is as healthy in that sense, however the added cream will of course add more calories to the mix so if you'd like to make this dish healthier you're best to swap the full fat cream for a lower calorie. Making cream of tomato soup is ridiculously easy and does not take much time.
Cream of tomato soup instructions
- Melt butter in a sauce pan till it creates white forth.
- Add refined flour&mix well&cook till white but cooked, remove it&keep aside.
- Heat oil in sauce pan, add sliced carrot, celery&onion, saute till transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, add salt& cover the pan& cook for 10-15 minutes till soft.
- Add stock, Bouquet garni, seasoning&roux, whisk well to mix the roux into liquid.
- Check the seasoning if thick enough and taste well starin the soup in fresh bowl.
- Add basil leaves, cover the pan& keep aside to spread the basil flavour throughout.
- Remove the crust from bread sliced, cut the sliced into 1 inch.
- Toast under salamander or deep fry till golden brown.
- Pour 150mls into soup bowl, add cooking cream and bread sliced.
I have used fresh tomatoes to make the soup. This cream of tomato soup is a vegan recipe. The creaminess in the soup comes from cashews which also balances the tang of the tomatoes with their inherent. It was the best creamy tomato basil soup with parmesan I had ever had. Creamy, with savory tomato flavor and bright basil flecks throughout.