Very Cheesy potato soup. This soup takes less than an hour to make. You can break up the potatoes with a fork if you want a thicker soup. For garnishes I put out garlic and cheese croutons and Durkee french fried onions and served with a loaf of garlic toast.
I also blended some of the soup with an immersion blender at the end, leaving some chunks and it made it really smooth and creamy. If you love potatoes and cheese, it's really a no-brainer. Oh, and SO MANY of you have asked me This easy, cheesy potato soup recipe is the perfect comfort dish for those chilly winter months or This soup was very very good! You can cook Very Cheesy potato soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Very Cheesy potato soup
- It's 6 medium of size potatoes. ( yukon gold or Albert Bartlett rooster potatoes work best).
- It's 1 cup of Chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 of 32 oz Container of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of 16 ounce container of half and half or heavy cream ( I prefer the heavy cream).
- It's 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It's 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chopped chives.
- You need 1/4 cup of Grated or shaved parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 tsp of Fresh chopped parsley.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
I added the bacon and omitted the green. An easy and delicious creamy potato soup recipe that can be made in just one pot! Loaded with bacon and creamy potato goodness, this is a favorite ] Zach prefers to eat healthy most of the time (I pretend that I do, too, but really if I lived alone I'm pretty sure I'd eat creamy cheesy foods every night. In small servings, this soup tastes delicious when you reheat it.
Very Cheesy potato soup step by step
- Rinse potatoes Chop into medium size pieces place in a heavy duty Dutch oven or large stock pot.
- Add chopped celery to potatoes.
- Cover with chicken stock bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Combine melted butter and flour mix until into a paste add to potatoes.
- Poor entire 16 ounce container of the heavy cream into the potatoes, bring to a boil stir until starting to thicken.
- At this point add salt and pepper to taste, all of the shredded cheddar cheese and parsley, stirring until cheese has melted . Take off the heat and let set. Sprinkle chives and Parmesan cheese on top of soup..
But we suggest you warm it up on the stove rather than the microwave. Can You Freeze Easy Cheesy Loaded Potato Soup? Because of the cream in the soup base, this soup doesn't freeze very well. What are the best cheesy potato soup garnishes? We love adding extra cheese, sour cream, bacon crumbles and even chives or green onions.