Easy Potato Cheese Soup.
You can cook Easy Potato Cheese Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Potato Cheese Soup
- It's 2 lb of Red potatoes.
- It's 4 cup of Chicken broth.
- It's 1 of Onion or 1/3 bag of frozen chopped onions.
- You need 1 can of Cream of celery soup.
- It's 1 can of Cheddar cheese coup.
- It's 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper (or less to taste).
- It's 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- It's 2 cup of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of Grated cheddar cheese.
- It's 1/3 cup of Hormel cooked bacon pieces and extra for topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sour cream (optional) plus extra for topping.
Easy Potato Cheese Soup instructions
- Clean and chop red potatoes. I peel about half and leave about half with the peel on..
- Put chicken broth in pot and turn heat to high. Add potatoes to pot once chopped along with onions. Boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and can be smashed with a fork..
- You can choose to remove about 1 cup of broth now if you want a very thick soup. Then either blend in a blender, use an immersion blender, or mash with a potato masher..
- Add cream of celery, cheddar cheese soup and seasonings. Mix and heat through (about 2-3 minutes)..
- Add cream. Mix well..
- Add cheddar cheese, bacon, and sour cream. Mix and heat through..