You can cook Pickle Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pickle Soup
- You need 8 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 2 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots (coarsely grated).
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced celery.
- It's 5 of coarsely grated large dill pickles.
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts (cooked).
- It's 3 cup of rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 5 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It's 1 of finely chopped parsley, if desired.
- Prepare 1 of finely chopped fresh dill, if desired.
Pickle Soup step by step
- In large pot with lid, combine chicken broth, bouillon cubes, carrots and celery. Cook, covered, over low heat for about 10 minutes..
- Add pickles and cooked chicken and continue cooking for another 15 minutes..
- In a small bowl, beat milk and flour until smooth. Stir in a small amount of hot soup into the flour mixture. Mix until smooth and pour into soup pot, stirring until well combined. Bring soup to a boil, stirring frequently, until soup is slightly thickened. Remove from heat..
- In a small bowl, beat egg with sour cream until smooth. Pour a small amount of hot soup into sour cream mixture and mix thoroughly. Return sour cream mixture to soup pot and stir until smooth. Keep sour cream warm but do not boil after this point or egg/sour cream will curdle..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice..
- Garnish with parsley and dill, if desired..