Potato & Bacon Soup. Potato is an instant messaging tool focused on security. It is faster, safer, more open and completely With POTATO, you can send and receive messages and calls quickly, easily and securely around the. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. Перевод слова potato, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция, словосочетания, однокоренные слова, примеры использования. potato [pəˈteɪtəu]Существительное. potato / potatoes.
Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia. You can cook Potato & Bacon Soup using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato & Bacon Soup
- Prepare 2 lb of Idaho potatoes; peeled & medium dice.
- It's 1 lb of bacon; small dice.
- You need 1 of carrot; peeled & medium dice.
- It's 1 of white onion; medium dice.
- It's 1 stalk of celery; medium dice.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves; creamed.
- You need 2 t of herbes de provence.
- It's 48 oz of chicken stock.
- It's 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 C of heavy cream.
- It's 1/2 C of grated parmigiano reggiano.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- You need as needed of sour cream.
The potato is a tuber—a short, thick, underground stem with stored starches and sugars—of the Nutritionally, the potato supplies complex carbohydrates—essential for energy—and a very low. potato. A word used by some people to describe themselves in a humorous way. Borrowed from Spanish patata, itself borrowed from Taíno batata. (UK) IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.təʊ/, [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪtʰəʊ]. (General American) enPR: pə-tāʹtō, IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.toʊ/, [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪɾoʊ], [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪɾə]. Potato is a starchy root vegetable of Central American origin.
Potato & Bacon Soup step by step
- Place chicken stock and bay leaves in a seperate saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce by 1/3..
- Slowly render bacon fat on medium-low heat until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and pat dry between paper towels. Reserve..
- Add celery, carrots, and onions with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Sweat on medium-low heat until veggies begin to soften, about 5-8 minutes..
- Add potatoes. Season with herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes..
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minute..
- Heat heavy cream to a simmer in a seperate saucepot..
- Add chicken stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes..
- Remove bay leaves. Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender. (Puree 3/4 of the soup if you want some bite).
- Add heavy cream. Stir to combine..
- Add cheese slowly while whisking..
- Simmer 5 minutes. Do not boil. (If you want a thicker soup, a roux or slurry can be added).
- Add 3/4 of the bacon to the soup..
- Garnish with sour cream and bacon..
- Variations; leeks, milk, kale, spinach, corn, paprika, smoked paprika, cheddar, roasted red bell pepper, roasted garlic, chives, scallions, peppercorn melange, butter, Italian seasoning, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, applewood seasoning, asiago, asparagus, broccoli, tarragon, dill, cilantro, coconut, dried onion soup mix, milk, canola oil, vegetable oil, vegetable stock, beer, white wine, white pepper, celery root, celery seed, turnips, butternut squash, acorn squash, lemon,.
- Horseradish, zucchini, green beans, creme fraiche, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, cardamom, capers, swiss, gruyere, parmesean, romano, fontina, cumin, curry, fennel, marjoram, mint, ground mustard, jalapeño, poblano, habanero, peas, saffron, savory, shallots, white wine vinegar.
Examples of potato in a Sentence. She's growing carrots and potatoes in her garden this year. Recent Examples on the Web Fresh produce takes the place of potato chips and soda. Wikipedia Article About Potato on Wikipedia. The potato (plural form: potatoes) (Solanum tuberosum) is a perennial plant of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, grown for its starchy tuber.