Creamy Buttermilk Cauliflower Soup. Watch how to make the best cauliflower soup in this short recipe video. Roasting the cauliflower gives it tons of flavor, and it's so easy to do! View top rated Cauliflower soup using buttermilk recipes with ratings and reviews.
This Creamy Cauliflower Soup recipe is made with healthier ingredients, it's quick and easy to make, and it is so comforting and tasty! It uses an entire head of cauliflower, it's ultra-creamy (although made without heavy cream), and even if you don't happen to be a huge cauliflower fan (like, ahem. This classic cauliflower soup is subtle yet quite flavorful, and it's easy to make. You can cook Creamy Buttermilk Cauliflower Soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Buttermilk Cauliflower Soup
- It's 1 of medium head of cauliflower.
- You need 1 of small carrot.
- It's 1 of big onion.
- You need 1 of celery stalk.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 500 ml of buttermilk or full cream milk & 1 lemon.
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Pepper.
Add the hot cream and season to taste with Kosher salt and white pepper. Portion the soup into individual bowls, garnish each bowl with some of the reserved cauliflower and fresh chives and serve right away. Creamy Cauliflower Soup is the perfect comfort food for cold days. This easy vegetable soup is full of both flavor and nutrition!
Creamy Buttermilk Cauliflower Soup instructions
- If you don't have buttermilk, just squeeze the juice of one lemon into the milk. Stir and let it sit at room temperature for 10mins..
- Remove the flowerettes from the cauliflower head. Peel the onions, garlic and carrots then roughly chop into small chunks together with the celery stalk..
- Put all ingredients into a small pot and season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer on a medium-low heat until all the vegetables are soft..
- Use a hand blender or a food blender until the soup is smooth and creamy..
- Pour into small bowls or ramekins and sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving..
This cauliflower soup calls for vegetable broth as the main liquid ingredient to simmer our vegetables in, build flavor, and provide the basis for our soup. This Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a perfect lunch on a cold day! Yes I used cream, yes I used cheese. So I'm not trying to make a diet soup that 'tastes creamy but with no cream' or 'fills you up with no fat'. Creamy Cauliflower Soup makes a delicious and comforting soup recipe without a drop of cream!