You can have Pumpkin Soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Soup
- It's 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 2 each of celery stalks.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It's 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 3 of potatoes (peeled).
- You need 3 of tomatos.
- You need 1 medium of sized pumpkin.
- You need 1 pints of brown ale of choice.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- It's 5 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- It's 1/2 pints of cream.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
Pumpkin Soup instructions
- Dice the onion, pepper, potatoes, tomatoes, celery, & pumpkin. Add to a large stock pot with olive oil and saute for 10 minutes..
- Mince the garlic cloves & add to the pot with thyme, bay leaves, & basil. Pour in beer & chicken stock and boil for 40 minutes..
- When ingredients are fork tender, remove the bay leaves & with a hand blender, puree to a smooth consistency. Stir in milk, cream & butter and thicken with flour..
- Serve with paprika & chopped parsley (optional)..