Chicken and Dumpling Soup.
You can have Chicken and Dumpling Soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- It's 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It's 1 of pepper.
- It's 1 of whole chicken cut.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 2 medium of onion diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It's 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- It's 6 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of Bisquick as needed.
Chicken and Dumpling Soup step by step
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then dredge both sides in flour..
- Melt butter and oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. In two batches, brown chicken on both sides and remove to a clean plate..
- In the same pot add carrots celery and onion. Cook 4 to 5 min on Med to high heat..
- Stir in turmeric and thyme. Add chicken broth. Stir to combine..
- Add the chicken back to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes. The chicken should be completely submerged..
- Remove chicken and shred the chicken off the bone. Discard skin and bones. Add the shredded chicken back to the pot..
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir..
- Make the dumplings according to the directions. Drop them by tablespoon into the simmering soup. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.