Tomato Soup. Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways. It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes which include chunks of tomato, cream, chicken or vegetable stock, vermicelli.
You wouldn't think that three ingredients — butter, onion, and tomato — can come together to make such a velvety and delicious tomato soup, but let me tell you. This tomato soup recipe is ultra creamy, but not full of cream—watch this short recipe video to see how. Purée the soup directly in the saucepan using an immersion blender, or. You can have Tomato Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Soup
- Prepare 2 stick of of celery.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It's 2 clove of of garlic.
- It's 2 of glugs of olive oil.
- You need 2 of vegetable stock cubes.
- Prepare 400 grams of tinned tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 large of ripe tomatoes.
- It's 1 bunch of of fresh basil.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 300 ml of single cream.
- You need 1 of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
Warm up with our rich tomato soup recipes. These top picks are freezable and include family-friendly, vegetarian and healthy options. This Classic Tomato Soup is rich with a velvety texture. It's easy to make with canned tomatoes Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are best when the air turns crisp, the mornings are.
Tomato Soup step by step
- Peel and roughly slice the carrots, celery, onions and garlic..
- Put a large pan on medium heat with the olive oil, add all chopped ingredients.
- Cook for 15 minutes with lid askew until carrots are soft..
- Dissolve stock cubes in 1.5 litres of boiling water then add to the pan along with tinned tomatoes and fresh tomatoes..
- Give it a good stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on..
- Remove pan from the heat and add the basil, butter and balsamic vinegar..
- Add the cream and season, blend until smooth, taste and adjust seasoning..
Homemade tomato soup is perfect for any time of the year. Find recipes for creamy tomato soup, roasted tomato soup, and more! This colorful soup is delicious any time of year. When I can't get homegrown tomatoes and green beans, I've found that frozen beans and canned tomatoes (or even. Try out these amazing tomato soup recipes from the experts at FoodNetwork.com.