Tomato soup - simple and savory. We even have a family tradition, every time we do a road trip, we always check the map and plan to stop for a bite at Panera Bread. Welcome to Sweet and Savory Meals! You wouldn't think that three ingredients — butter, onion, and tomato — can come together to make such a velvety and It's genius and absolutely delicious.
It's even more perfect with a grilled cheese sandwich. Why You'll Love this Tomato Soup. Tip: This recipe won't use up a whole can of beans. You can have Tomato soup - simple and savory using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato soup - simple and savory
- It's 8 of nice plump tomatoes.
- It's 3/4 cup of small diced celery with some of the leaves.
- You need 3/4 cup of small diced onion.
- It's 3 clove of s of fresh garlic minced.
- It's 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of marsala/red cooking wine.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper/pepper.
- It's 1 of Sugar to taste if desired.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 cup of cream, optional.
- You need 2 of or 3 fresh basil leaves julienned.
Is simple to make with just a few minutes of prep time. Tastes absolutely wonderful with lots of roasting flavors. Also, by adding a comment and star rating you're helping Savory Nothings grow and get even better for you! This is a simple tomato soup recipe with lots of tomato flavor.
Tomato soup - simple and savory step by step
- Clean tomatoes and cut into quarters and puree in blender, leave in blender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in saucepan on low-med heat, saute celary and onions then add the garlic..
- If you want your soup chunky add tomato puree to saucepan. If you want smooth soup add saute mixture to blender and puree all together to desired texture.
- Pour puree into saucepan, rinse blender with a bit of water and add to saucepan. Add red wine and simmer for 10 min or so.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you desire it creamy, remove from heat, stir in the baking soda (it will foam a bit) then slowly add the cream and stir..
- Garnish with basil and ENJOY!.
It's vegan and leftovers make a great lunch the next day. I made this simple soup and it was simply delicious! I doubled the recipe and made it basically as written, but I'm sure I added a good bit more than a pinch of red pepper flakes. This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list. Made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, and basil, you If you try making this Homemade Tomato Basil Soup Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know!