Potato soup with Sausage. Now this soup is packed with spicy Italian sausage, potatoes and hearty spinach - a complete meal in a single bowl. The only downside of this recipe is that the leftovers were not enough. Next time I'll just have to double the batch and load up on that side of crusty bread to go along with it!
This easy potato and Italian sausage soup is cooked in the slow cooker or on the stovetop. Turn the slow cooker on high. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking up into small pieces. You can have Potato soup with Sausage using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato soup with Sausage
- You need 3 of baking potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 large of sweet onion.
- You need 2 of stalks celery.
- You need 1 lb of breakfast sausage.
- It's 1 of salt, white pepper, dried thyme, dried parsley.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- It's 4 oz of cream cheese.
Easy potato soup recipe with Italian sausage, potatoes, garlic, and kale. The soup is comforting and ultra-flavorful. Our potato and sausage soup is savory, comforting, and keeps well in the fridge. If you've ever had Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana soup, this potato soup is similar (although, I'd wager.
Potato soup with Sausage instructions
- Cut celery and onion in small dice. Melt butter and add celery and onion. Cook on medium low until very tender. (About the time it takes to peel and cut potatoes).
- Peel potatoes and cut in small dice. Add to 4 qt pot and add just enough water to cover. Add salt. Bring to boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer until about halfway done..
- Add celery and onions to potatoes..
- Brown and crumble sausage. I use Bass Farm mild. Jimmy Dean would be a good substitute. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels..
- Reserve 1 Tbsp sausage drippings in pan. Add 1 Tbsp flour. Cook for just a minute or 2. You want a blonde roux..
- Add roux and sausage to potatoes..
- Add 2 cups of milk, cream cheese and seasonings..
- Simmer on medium low heat until cheese melts and potatoes are done..
My great-grandmother passed on this soup to her family generations. Remove sausage to paper towels to drain. In fact, when it appeared a few weeks ago as Epicurious' Recipe of the Day, I sent the link to my husband who, also being It reminds me of a soup I made last week with sausage, sweet potatoes and that amazing dinosaur kale (I think it's also called Tuscan kale or black kale-it. THIS Smoked Sausage Kale and Potato Soup is everything! It's cozy, and wintery, and it is so dang good.