Slow-cooker Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and it's perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful (without having to use heavy The keywords, of course, being slow cooker. Many of you have already discovered my classic Potato Soup recipe on the blog, which will forever. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined.
This potato soup is perfect for the slow cooker. Place the potatoes, onion, butter, chicken bouillon cubes, parsley and water into a slow cooker. Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup that's creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and The best part of slow cooker meals like this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup is that they're perfect for weeknights now that everyone is back to school or for. You can cook Slow-cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow-cooker Potato Soup
- You need 5 lb of potatoes, scrubbed and diced to 1in pieces.
- It's 1 cup of carrot, raw and finely diced.
- You need 1 cup of celery, finely diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 8 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of diced ham or smoked pork picnic shoulder (bought precooked).
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk (12oz).
- Prepare 2 cup of dried potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes).
- You need 1 packages of cream cheese (8oz, softened).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
This slow cooker potato soup is rich and hearty, plus the slow cooker does all the work! I've hesitated to make potato soup for quite some time because all I could think about is how creamy and carby it must be. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream.
Slow-cooker Potato Soup instructions
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes to 7 qt crockpot. Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours until potatoes are fork tender. Add cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes. Stir to combine CAREFULLY , crock pot will be VERY FULL. Taste soup and add desired salt and pepper. Put lid back on pot and continue to cook on high for 20-30 minutes (this ensures the cream cheese breaks down completely). Stir and serve..
- Notes : Easy with the salt as both the stock and ham will already be full of sodium. Potato flakes can be adjusted for desired consistancy. No, you don't peel the potatoes. To keep left overs and serve again, cool crock pot down at room temp and put in fridge overnight, an hour before serving heat on low. Do NOT leave on warm overnight or you'll just have a goopy pot of mashed potatoes..
This hearty slow-cooker potato soup tastes just like a loaded baked potato. Add the ingredients before heading to work in the morning for a quick and easy supper. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This top-rated, six-ingredient slow-cooker potato soup is unbelievably easy and amazingly delicious for those nights when only something warm and comforting will do. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread for a complete meal. MORE+ LESS Use a combination of potatoes.