Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup. Roasted asparagus cauliflower soup with creamy brie, basil and a hint of lemon. Spring is a glorious time of year and one of my favourite parts is the Roasting the asparagus is a great way to bring out it's flavour and instead of using flour or potatoes to thicken the soup I like to go with cauliflower which. Asparagus and garlic are roasted, pureed, and combined with half & half, or cream, and seasonings.
This Creamy Roasted Asparagus Soup recipe is delicious! Enjoy the health benefits of one of your favorite flavorful green veggies - roasted in a soup! Once the soup is pureed, return the saucepan to the stove and bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat. You can cook Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup
- It's 2 of bunches asparagus, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Creole seasoning.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, do not use margarine.
- It's 1 small of onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced or pressed.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all purpose flour..
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 3 of or 4 cups of milk depending on desired consistency..
- You need 1 tbsp of celery seed.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Then lower heat to medium, and stir in half. I think I ended up taking more photographs of the vegetable itself than the finished soup! It's also very universal, and the flavor of the vegetable really comes out when you cook with it. Smooth and creamy cream of roasted asparagus soup made in the Vitamix.
Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup step by step
- wash asparagus. chop off tough ends and discard. place in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. sprinkle creole seasoning over. mix and roast in the oven at 400 for 20 - 30 min. stir half way through.
- when done remove and put in a large stock pot. just cover with water and bring to a boil. boil for 10 min. drain asparagus and reserve stock. let asparagus cool.
- in the same pot melt butter. add onion and garlic. saute for 6-7 min. add flour and make a roux. stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- when asparagus is cool enough to work with put in blender with enough stock to puree. add puree back to the stock and add cream. mix well..
- slowly add this mix to the roux a little at a time. stir the entire time until all mix is incorporated. let bind over med heat a couple minutes. should be a thick chowder..
- add celery seed and salt and pepper to taste. bring mix to a bubble. add milk until you ger the desired consistency. i like mine a little thicker but add milk for a creamy soup.
- if it gets too thin slowly sprinkle more flour in until thick enough. heat through and serve..
That is where this creamy of roasted asparagus soup comes in to play. This recipe for roasted asparagus soup was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Pam Correll. This incredibly easy roasted asparagus soup is an all natural puree with garlic, onion, olive oil and a generous splash of almond milk for a creamier finish. This simple soup can be ready in under an hour and takes full advantage of the flavor of asparagus by pan-roasting it before puréeing Fresh Cool at least a few minutes. Pour soup into a blender, in batches if necessary, and carefully purée.