Sweet Potato and Spinach soup. I have been adding sweet potatoes to everything lately-risotto, tostadas, biscuits, so why not add them to lentil soup? I also threw in fresh spinach because the bunch in our refrigerator was starting to look questionable. I love it when I can put our produce to good use.
The chill in the air is finally, finally here and I am more than ready to break out my soup pot I went to the farmers market without much of a plan and ended up choosing kale, spinach, and sweet potatoes for this soup. I love the hearty addition of. Quick Carrot, Sweet Potato & spinach. "No Cook" Blender Soup. You can cook Sweet Potato and Spinach soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Spinach soup
- It's 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- It's 3 medium of red potatoes.
- It's 1 large of onion.
- You need 1 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 small of avocado.
- Prepare 1 cup of low fat sour cream.
- It's 1 can of nonfat evaporated milk.
- Prepare 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- It's 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 1 tbsp of splenda or other nonsugar sweetener.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 can of spinach (or fresh or frozen spinach).
I have another great raw filling soup for you today. Even though this is a green soup, the colour of the sweet potatoes is too good to hide, so what I ended up doing was creating a sweet potato soup with a swirl of spinach in the middle. The sweet potatoes add a wonderful natural and subtle sweetness that temper the sharpness of the spinach. Don't be put off by the intense green colour!
Sweet Potato and Spinach soup instructions
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Add to crockpot and cover with water..
- Add bouillon cubes..
- Peel and dice red potatoes and carrots and add to pot..
- Dice celery and onion. Add to pot. Add water to cover..
- Add evaporated milk, thyme, basil and nutmeg..
- Drain and rinse canned spinach. If using fresh, then shred leaves. Add to pot..
- Mash avocado and add to sour cream. Stir to blend and add to pot..
- Add cinnamon to sugar substitute, mix and add to pot..
- Add water if needed to cover ingredients. Cook on high for ~3 hours or until vegetables are done. Remove from heat..
- Use a blender or food processor to puree soup into a creamy blend. Serve garnished with a touch of nutmeg or a cinnamon stick..
Just remember all the goodness (and check the nutrition label below) that you're getting from this bowl of healthy spinach soup! This Spinach Sweet Potato Soup is a hearty and comforting meal that is so easy and quick to make, loaded with ground turkey, sweet potato, and spinach! Hello guys, This week is going to be a soup week here on my blog which means Thursday I'll be sharing one more delicious soup and on. A quick and hearty sweet potato and spinach soup in a creamy coconut broth with Thai spices. Blend mixture with immersion blender, adding more water if soup is too thick.