My grandma's chicken noodle soup. Made-from-scratch noodles are the star of this chicken soup recipe just like grandma used to make. All Reviews for Grandma's Chicken Soup with Homemade Noodles. This chicken noodle soup recipe is packed with chunks of chicken, celery, onions & fresh parsley!
I have adapted my grandma's chicken noodle soup I grew up eating in Ukraine to an Instant Pot. Pressure cooking is not the quickest method to make chicken noodle soup from scratch. It involves a few steps but all of them are "dump and go". You can have My grandma's chicken noodle soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My grandma's chicken noodle soup
- It's 1 of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of chicken breast with rib meat.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 2 of celery sticks.
- It's 1/4 cup of of fresh cilantro.
- It's 1/4 cup of of curly fresh parsley.
- You need 1 of pepper salt to taste.
- You need 4 can of of cream of chicken.
- You need 2 cup of of noodles.
- It's 2 of table spoons of sour cream..
- It's 1 of half an onion.
This is my grandma Roz's Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. Add the diced carrots and chicken back into soup; if using peas add at this point. Sprinkle with parsely; soup is ready to eat. One dish that was made using (cheap) chicken thighs.
My grandma's chicken noodle soup step by step
- Add 2 cups of water , than 2 cups of chicken broth. Cut your fresh cilantro and fresh parsley, and half onion add them to the pot let it start boiling than dice your chicken add chicken to the pot let it boil for 10 min. Add your carrots, celery, pepper and salt. Let it boil for 15 min or till carrots seems to be half done..
- Now add your noodles and your 4 cans of cream of chicken stir really good. I used these noodles this time. But Usually i use spaghetti noodles, kids love those better I know I did when my grandma made this when I was a kid..
- If everything is cooked add 2 table spoons of sour cream. If you want it more liquid add more chicken broth and water let it boil for about 15 min and stir constantly, if your noodles are done. It's ready just give it a small taste if you prefer more salt add a little more and minced some fresh cilantro at the end add it on top stir and cover it for 5 min and serve..
I'm on a mission to find delicious ways to prepare inexpensive items (most especially proteins) Cook kluski noodles according to package directions, then drain and rinse until cold. Add noodles to soup until all heated through. Return chicken to stockpot with soups, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. If only we had the chickens that grandma had, their what really made this soup. Once in a great while my dad will dress a chicken that he's raised boy there is nothing like real.