Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options).
You can cook Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options)
- You need of Chunky Soups.
- You need 12 of small red potatoes, cubed small.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 3 of celery stalks, diced.
- It's 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt - or more to taste.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of celery salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It's 1 pinch of of rosemary.
- You need 1 of ground red and black pepper - to taste.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- It's 8 slice of bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1 of cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 of corn tortilla chips, crumbled.
Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) instructions
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. (Bacon is used as a garnish).
- Remove bacon and remove and discard half of the fat from the pot. Add onions and celery to pot (with remaining bacon fat) and saute for 2 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, AFTER BACON IS COOKED, DISCARD ALL FAT AND SAUTE USING OLIVE OIL..
- Add potatoes to the pot (I like to keep the skin on). Cook for 5 mins..
- Add seasoning.
- Add water.
- Add Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or your favorite condensed creamy soup). Stir and cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 - 10 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE 98%FAT FREE CAMPBELL'S CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP..
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture (slowly while stirring) into pot. Cook for 5 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE NON-FAT MILK..
- Remove half of the ingredients from the pot, and blend in a blender untill smooth. Return the blended ingredients to the pot and mix with the chunky ingredients (this keeps texture in your soup)..
- Add parsley. Simmer, stir, and taste. YUM!.
- When serving, garnish with cheese, bacon, and/or tortilla chips (optional but adds more texture, crunch, and flavor). - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, OMIT BACON OR SUBTITUTE WITH TURKEY BACON, OMIT CHEESE, AND USE FAT FREE TORTILLA CHIPS..