Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It's 2 cup of Shredded Chicken.
- Prepare 2 quart of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- It's 15 oz of Can of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 15 oz of Black Beans.
- Prepare 15 oz of Corn.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chopped Onions.
- It's 1/2 cup of Diced Celery.
- It's 2 clove of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chopped Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Monterey Jack.
- You need 5 of Corn Tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of Sour Cream.
- You need 2 of Avocados.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Preheat your soup pot on medium high. Add butter. Melt it down, and add the carrots, celery and onion. Stir down for 3 minutes..
- Add garlic and cilantro. Stir another minute..
- Add diced cooked chicken and spices. Stir another minute, coating the chicken with the spices..
- Add tomato sauce. Let thicken for a couple minutes, then add the broth or stock. Bring back to a rapid boil, then set heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes..
- While the soup is simmering, fry tortilla strips at 375°F for about 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Shred the cheese and slice the avocado..
- After 30 minutes, check the soup. Add up to 1 teaspoon of salt, to your taste..
- Garnish with tortilla strips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and avocado wedges..