Ham and cheese potato soup. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness. It gets thicker as it cools.
This thick and chunky potato soup is made with the addition of ham. It's a hearty soup and very quick and easy to prepare and cook. The recipe is easily doubled for a crowd or tailgating event. You can have Ham and cheese potato soup using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and cheese potato soup
- It's 6 of peeled and diced russet potatoes.
- You need 1 of diced onion.
- You need 2 cup of diced cooked ham.
- It's 2 cup of shredded Velveeta.
- Prepare of salt,pepper, cayenne,celery seed, sage and thyme.
- It's 1 tbsp of seasoning salt.
- It's 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- It's 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- It's 1 can of cream of celery.
- You need 2 of chicken boulion cubes.
This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham. It is the perfect recipe to use up your Christmas or Easter ham. We like to use sharp Cheddar cheese for extra flavor. You can use regular Cheddar cheese if you wish.
Ham and cheese potato soup instructions
- Salt and boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Sautee the onion and crisp the ham.
- Drain potatoes reserving about 2 cups of the cooking water(I usually add 2 chicken boulion cubes for extra flavor).
- In the stockpot combine butter and flour to make a rue..
- Add milk water and seasonings and bring to boil stirring constantly then reduce to simmer.
- Add in ham n onions the cheese and the cream of celery and mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the cooked potatoes back and season to taste. Let simmer about 30-40 minutes and ENJOY.
Pro tip-use pre-shredded cheese to make the recipe even easier. Regardless, you need this ham and cheese potato soup in your life. It's goes down with my reuben soup for being my FAVORITE soup I made this season. . . loaded with leftover crockpot ham, veggies, potatoes, half and half, sour cream, and TWO kinds of cheese: cheddar and swiss - this soup is. When I'm in the mood for comfort food, I prepare a pot of this soup. It is always a treat on a cool fall day.—Melissa In a large saucepan, saute ham and onion in butter until onion is tender.