You can have Shrimp Etouffee using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Etouffee
- You need 2 1/2 lb of Wild caught Shrimp.
- It's 2 cup of Celery.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic.
- It's 1 cup of Red bell pepper.
- You need 4 cup of Onion.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 5 dash of tobasco sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley leaves.
- It's 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 6 cup of prepared white rice.
- Prepare 8 oz of Clam juice.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 cup of shrimp stock (or chicken stock).
Shrimp Etouffee instructions
- First make the roux. Combine butter and flour and melt over medium heat. Stir for 10 to 15 minutes until it turns the color of peanut butter..
- Add celery, onions and bell peppers. Stir frequently for about 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetable soften..
- Add diced tomatoes and garlic, sir, cook for about 5 more minutes..
- Add pepper and salt and stir..
- Slowly add in stock and clam juice. Add lemon juice and bay leaves. Stir, bring to soft boil. Reduce heat to a simmer..
- Add Cajun seasoning, parsley and green onions. Simmer for 40 minutes stirring often..
- Meanwhile, in last 20-30 minutes cook rice..
- Add shrimp, cook 5-10 more minutes..
- Serve over rice (or mix rice sand étouffée in same pot). Enjoy!.