Broccoli cheddar soup. My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Here is what we came up with. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good. —Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli. A very good broccoli cheese soup. You can cook Broccoli cheddar soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli cheddar soup
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic cloves.
- It's 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- It's 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It's 1/4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 packages of colbot sharp cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 can of cream of celery (campbells).
- It's 2 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 packages of frozen brocalli heads.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 2 cup of half /half (creamer).
- Prepare 2 of packs of cobot sharp cheddar cheese (shredded yourself).
Note: you can purée half of your soup in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender if you choose however. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe uses simple ingredients but has so much flavor and creaminess. Some soups require hours and hours of simmering time to develop.
Broccoli cheddar soup step by step
- Heat up butter on low heat. Dice up onion and garlic, sauteed till light brown, put aside..
- In a pot melt butter , slowly whisk in flour till thick on low heat..
- Add vegetable stock half and half, cream of celery, whisk till thickens on low /medium heat for 15-25 min.
- Add sauteed onions and garlic and seasonings to taste..
- Add thawed out broccoli, and shredded carrots and start shredding your blocks of cheese and slowly adding and whisking to soup..
- Let simmer on low for 15-25 min..
This Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is adapted from my family's favorite broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Creamy, extra cheesy and filled with broccoli. This single serving recipe will surely become your. That's like a free bowl of Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup!" It's always soup. We love broccoli cheddar soup, and I've yet to find a recipe that is just right.