Crab cheese soup. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. Stir in cheese until soup is heated through and cheese is melted. Add cheese and continue to stir well until all cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
Add to soup with crabmeat and parsley; stir. Combine cheese, mayonnaise, milk, soup in bowl and mix well.. and tomatoes and crab meat. Add some spicy pepper jack into the mix to kick up your creamy crab soup. You can have Crab cheese soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crab cheese soup
- You need 16 oz of lump crab meat.
- Prepare 16 oz of imitation crab meat.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It's 4 of ribs celery chopped.
- You need 1/2 gallon of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 gallon of whole milk.
- It's 2 of 8oz blocks cream cheese.
- You need 1 of 32oz block Velveeta cheese.
- Prepare 1 of 16oz sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lawry's Seasoned Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated garlic.
Pepper jack cheese, which is Monterey Jack cheese that's studded with chili peppers, melts smoothly and thickens the soup without any need for flour to make a roux. The spiciness of the peppers breaks up the richness of the soup, creating a delicious twist on an elegant. Saute chopped green onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, stirring until well blended.
Crab cheese soup step by step
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over med heat.
- saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- add crab meat, imitation crab meat and seasonings.
- cube cream cheese and add to pot.
- after cream cheese is melted add milk and heavy cream.
- increase heat to medium high.
- cube Velveeta and add a little at a time stirring constantly until all cheese is added and melted.
- add cheddar a little at a time stirring constantly until all cheese is added and melted.
This creamy crab soup is the best!!! Everyone that I have served it to has remarked how it is the tastiest crab soup ever and are shocked that it is homemade. This soup is awesome and so easy to make. The dill weed really makes the soup. In this recipe, fresh crab meat, heavy cream, seasonings and green onion becomes a rich, creamy soup.