Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup.
You can cook Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- It's 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) of water.
- Prepare 2 of carrots (heaping 2 cups), chopped.
- Prepare 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion (about 3 cups), chopped.
- You need 1 cup (240 ml) of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried herbs of your choice (optional).
- Prepare 4 of red peppers.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1/8 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
- It's 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It's of For garnish:.
- You need of Greek yoghurt, smoked paprika, parsley, olive oil, cream, etc.
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 355°F/180℃..
- Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and cut into quarters. Place them on a tin foil lined baking sheet and bake for 20 mins or untill they get tender..
- Place the water in a pot. Add the chopped carrots, celery, onion, cauliflower, bay leaves, herbs of your choice and cook over medium hight heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 mins. Turn the heat down and simmer for 20 mins or until the veggies become tender..
- Remove the peppers from your oven and let them cool enough to handle. Chop them into pieces and add to your pan along with the tomatoes. Simmer for another 10 mins..
- I used canned tomatoes this time, but I will try with fresh tomatoes and bake by myself next time..
- Remove from heat and remove the bay leaf from the soup mix. Place in your blender or use a hand blender to blend until smooth. Taste and check for seasoning and serve while hot!.