Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup.
You can cook Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- It's 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It's 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 7 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of medium potatoes, scrubbed and diced (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken.
- You need 2 cups of wide egg noodles (or whatever pasta shape you prefer).
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme, dried rosemary, poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cream (could also use half & half or whole milk).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a large pot (4 quart or larger) over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the carrots, onions and celery with a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then stir in the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to incorporate. Stir and cook an additional 2-3 minutes..
- Pour in the broth, shredded chicken and the seasonings. Increase the heat to medium-high and let this come to a low boil. Once it begins to boil, stir in the diced potatoes and let them simmer for 2 or so minutes. Then stir in the egg noodles and let simmer for 8-9 minutes more, until the noodles and potatoes are both soft..
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the parsley and while stirring, slowly drizzle in the cream until it is all added and incorporated. That's it! Serve immediately..
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a large Tupperware container. To reheat, place desired amount in a small saucepan. Add a bit of extra broth, because the noodles will absorb a lot of the liquid during refrigeration. Bring to a simmer and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes or so..