Mike's Spicy Sick Day Soup. Quick & Easy Sick Day Soup. This fall/winter season has not been good to me. We're in prime cold and flu season, and with it comes the need to keep plenty of feel-better soups in your recipe arsenal.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day newsletter to receive editor-picked recipes, tips and videos delivered to your inbox daily. You can easily adjust the heat level to your own preference. You can have Mike's Spicy Sick Day Soup using 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Sick Day Soup
- You need of ● For The Broth & Spices.
- Prepare 6 Cups of Chicken Or Vegetable Broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt Or Maggi [know maggie can murk up your broth a bit].
- It's 2 tbsp of Ground Cumin [reserve 1 for end of simmer].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Crushed Mexican Esposito.
- It's 1 tbsp of Hatch Green Chili Powder.
- It's 1 of LG Dried Bay Leaf.
- You need of ● For The Fruits & Vegetables.
- It's 2 Cups of Minced Hatch Green Chilies.
- It's 1 of Medium Diced White Onion.
- It's 2 of Sliced Deseeded Jalapeños [+ reserves - or 1/2 4 oz can].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Diced Celery [with leaves].
- It's 1 tsp of Fresh Lime Juice [+ reserved wedges for serving].
- You need 1 of LG Washed Diced Potato.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- It's 1 of LG Tomato [or can of ROTELL].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- It's of ● For The Sides & Garnishments.
- You need as needed of Warm Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare as needed of Lime Wedges.
- It's as needed of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Prepare as needed of Sliced Or Canned Jalapeños.
- You need as needed of Sour Cream.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Parsley.
- It's as needed of Fresh Cilantro.
Now that cooler weather is approaching, my mind turns to soups and stews, foods cooked in big pots that simmer and fill the house with maddening aromas. No chopping, peeling, or big time commitment required. This vegan spicy kale and romesco pasta is the perfect healthy meal! It's essentially Korean Seaweed soup with rice mixed in.
Mike's Spicy Sick Day Soup step by step
- Here's what you'll need..
- Begin your broth and bring to a steady simmer. Chop your vegetables and simmer those for 30 to 35 minutes. Then add your reserved tbsp Cumin and stir..
- Plate soup piping hot with sides and/or options. Enjoy!.
We'll show you how to get the seasoning just right. Make it for friends of family when their energy is low. Korean Ramen FLEX: Jeju Island's Spicy Seafood Ramen. Creamy and spicy vegan buffalo "chick'n" dip. All of the classic f.lavors without the dairy and meat.