Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup. Add the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, corn, broth, milk, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. I think there are better recipes for shrimp and corn soup out there. It did taste better the next day.
Creamy, sweet fried corn is topped with spicy shrimp, garden fresh tomatoes and green onions for a delicious bowl of healthy comfort food! This corn and shrimp soup is a flavorful combination of fresh shrimp, tomatoes, and corn. A tomato-based soup is a fabulous dairy-free alternative to heavier seafood soups. You can cook Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup
- It's 2 lb of Peeled Shrimp.
- It's 1 lb of Frozen Sweet White Corn.
- Prepare 1 lb of Frozen Pearl onions.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream style corn.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of tomato paste.
- You need 1 can of Rotel.
- It's 1 cup of seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery).
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 32 Oz of Carton chicken stock.
- It's 1 stick of + some REAL BUTTER.
- Prepare of Creole seasoning.
- You need of Zataran's crab boil powder.
The soup starts with a simple roux and uses fresh shrimp. If you use frozen shrimp, thaw them in the refrigerator just before. When it comes to soups I favor thick, hearty, and creamy chowder-type soups and shrimp and corn is probably my favorite But fresh corn is even more delicious if it is available. The corn gives just a touch of sweetness to contrast the spiciness of the cajun seasoning.
Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup instructions
- Saute seasoning blend in butter (reserve the stick)..
- Add all other ingredients except shrimp and butter. Cook for 30 mins on med heat..
- Toss in stick of butter and shrimp. Cook about 10 minutes until shrimp is done..
We are so totally in love with this delicious dairy-free soup. You can buy them pre-prepped or thaw and peel them yourself. I like to use smaller shrimp for this recipe (more shrimpy goodness in every bite!) but any size will work! This Cuban shrimp soup is ramped up with citrusy, mojo-inspired flavors. Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is the perfect gluten-free breakfast for feeding a crowd.