Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
You can have Chicken Gnocchi Soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- It's 4 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of each poultry seasoning, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken.
- It's 1 package (16 oz.) of potato gnocchi.
- It's 3 of heaping cups roughly chopped spinach.
- You need of Fresh parmesan cheese, for serving.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup instructions
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onion, carrot and celery with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until they have softened up. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then stir in the flour and cook for an additional minute or two..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir in the broth, about a cup at a time, making sure the flour and onion mixture blends in smoothly and theres no lumps. Then stir in the cream, seasonings and chicken. Let the soup come up to a low boil..
- Once it starts to boil, stir in the gnocchi and cook until they are tender...this will only take 3-5 minutes. Once the gnocchi are done, remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the spinach. Taste the soup and add any additional seasonings you think it needs, then it's ready to serve..