Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup. This easy make-ahead casserole recipe has cheddar and Jack cheese, eggs, sausage, and bread baked into a satisfying breakfast or brunch dish. My spin on this classic adds cream cheese, garlic powder, and relies on Johnsonville Italian ground sausage as its star. This is the stove top version, but you can make it in a slow cooker as well.
Smoked sausage and cheese mingle in this crowd-pleasing Italian penne pasta bake. Gently stir pasta and sausage into cheese sauce. Shape the mixture into balls and refrigerate. You can cook Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup
- You need 2 lbs of russet potatoes (cut into 1” cubes).
- You need 1 lb of smoked sausage (cut into 1/4” slices).
- You need 6 Oz of cream cheese (softened).
- Prepare 8 Oz of cream of celery soup.
- Prepare 2/3 envelope of onion soup mix.
- It's 2 cups of white cheddar cheese (shredded).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It's of 1 medium jalapeño (sliced, optional).
You can slice them thinner if you prefer. Divide any cheese and sausage mixture left in bowl among muffin cups; top with remaining pieces of biscuit. Add sausage and cook over medium heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Start with a time-saving crust made from refrigerated biscuit dough, then fold around sausage, peppers, and cheese.
Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup step by step
- Place potatoes at the bottom of the slow cooker with 2 cups water..
- In a medium bowl blend cream cheese, cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, cream, jalapeño (optional) and cajun seasoning. Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and stir to combine..
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hrs..
- After 3 hrs, add sausage, stir and continue cooking for remainder..
- After checking to make sure potatoes are cooked through, give it a good stir. Add milk and cheddar and continue to stir until well combined. Cook an additional 30 minutes on low..
- Top with more shredded cheese if desired and serve..
Cheesy Sausage Muffins are always a hit with my family. Cheesy Sausage Muffins are always a good idea. This is a great breakfast muffin and one you will enjoy just anytime. A quick and tasty supper which is both hearty and inexpensive. CHEESY GNOCCHI AND SAUSAGE SKILLET — Tender gnocchi pasta with Italian sausage and cheese cooks up in one skillet for a quick and easy meal!