Potato soup. An easy and delicious creamy potato soup recipe that can be made in just one pot! Loaded with bacon and creamy potato goodness, this is a favorite comfort food in my household. Learn how to make potato soup with the BEST Potato Soup recipe!
It's such a creamy and comforting soup. Just be sure not to leave off the cheddar and bacon (or ham), they add lots of flavor! This easy potato soup is made with chicken stock, bacon, onion, celery, and herbs, then finished with a little This has to be one of the best tasting potato soup recipes I've tried. You can cook Potato soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato soup
- You need 2 boxes of chicken broth (32 oz. Each).
- You need 2 bags of Frozen potatoes (32 oz. Each).
- It's 2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz. Each).
- Prepare 2 cups of cheddar cheese shredded.
- It's 1 cup of diced Canadian bacon.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper diced.
- It's 1 of onion diced.
- It's 4 cloves of garlic diced very fine.
- Prepare of About 6 to 12 fresh Sage leaves diced fine.
- It's 1/4 cup of Italian parsley chopped.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp. of celery seed.
- You need 1 tsp. of Ground thyme.
- It's 1 tsp. of Seasoned salt.
- It's 4 tbsp. of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Hot Hungarian paprika.
I think next time I will try. Potato soup is one of the great cold-weather comforts. Rich and velvety when pureed, potatoes create a healthful base for soup and need little in the way of full-fat dairy to achieve an ideal creamy. This simple potato soup is ultra creamy and comforting!
Potato soup step by step
- First put the chicken broth in a pot over medium-high heat..
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients just about in this order until everybody's in the pool..
- Once the pot gets to be very hot turn the heat down to low or medium and let it simmer for at least 2 hours..
- If the soup is too thick add a little more chicken broth, if it is a little too thin either add some Velveeta cheese (about a third of a package,) which will make the soup a little more cheesy; or add a few tablespoons of mashed potato flakes, which will make the soup have a little more potato flavor..
- Right before serving, add two to three tablespoons of butter..
With only a few ingredients this soup comes together quickly on the stovetop. Load it up with all your favorite toppings for the ultimate in comfort. Potato soup is such a fall classic. Tender pieces of creamy russet potatoes mingle with onions, garlic, and salty pancetta for a bowl of soul-soothing solace. The only possible upgrade to this classic is to.